Looking for a new under 500 calorie dinner to make that everyone will adore? These Crispy Chicken Bites are a part of my 5-Day Kick-Off menu, but I make them almost every week. They're healthy, light and so good. This recipe takes 15 minutes to prep, and it’s very easy to make. Serving size: 5 bites with 2 cups of green salad. Tonight I subbed in brown rice. Enjoy!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts weighing about 6 oz. each
- 1-cup oat bran
- 1-cup wheat germ
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely ground flaxseed
- 1 cup coarsely ground almonds
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1-cup water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking pan w/parchment paper or coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1.5” nugget-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large container with a tightly fitting lid. Shake well. This is your coating mixture
- Combine water & egg in a medium bowl. Dip each piece in the water/egg white mixture. Then dip each piece in the coating mixture. Make sure each piece is well coated.
- Place on the baking sheet. When all of your chicken has been coated and your baking sheet is full, place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.