Guys, craving loaded potatoes? This recipe is SO good and better than the O.G. because the potatoes are dip-able like nachos! This recipe makes three-four servings, and is perfect for dinner, as an after-school snack, or an evening get together. I like to add quinoa and make a bowl out of it.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp. ghee or olive oil
- Jakes Prime or sea salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cashew sour cream (recipe below)
- 1 cup black bean dip (recipe below)
- Mashed avocado + chopped tomato blend (cilantro is a great addition, too)
- Preheat oven to 425
- Slice potatoes into thin rounds (can go up to 1/4” thick if want thicker portions).
- In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil.
- On foiled baking sheets, place potato rounds in single layer. Sprinkle with jake's prime or salt.
- Bake for 30-35 min. or until potatoes are golden and start to crisp at edges.
- When cool, put potato rounds into 3-4 bowls with beans, cashew sour cream + tomato/avo blend. I also add quinoa to mine (yum).
- If serving family-style, arrange potato rounds on a large platter with bowls of beans, avocado-tomato blend, cashew sour cream, and cilantro (if using).
CASHEW SOUR CREAM
This dairy-free cashew sour cream is healthy, tangy, creamy, protein-rich and the perfect compliment for any spicy dish that calls for sour cream.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 1-2 hours (if you own a high speed blender, no soaking necessary)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Water to blend
- Drain cashews and place in blender.
- Add vinegar, lemon juice, and sea salt.
- Pour in just enough water to cover the cashews.
- Blend on high approx 2-3 min. until mixture is smooth and creamy.
BLACK BEAN DIP
- ½ cup water
- 1 14-ounce can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 lemon or lime squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tsp La Boite Hawayej spice (sub with taco seasoning)
- 1 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into high speed blender.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 1 min, or desired texture.